The Soloist (2009)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic elements, some drug use and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Short, quick discussion about a sex crazed husband paying prostitutes for sex and then coming home and giving his wife all kinds of diseases (40:16)
Violence & Gore
- A pool of blood is seen at a crime scene. You see a brief shot of a homeless person dead from a drug overdose(you see the mangled arm).
- Nathaniel has a schizophrenic vision while playing a recital and points a stick with nails from his cart at a music teacher.
- After he finds out Steve is thinking about getting him pyschiatric help, he threatens to "gut him like a fish" and knocks him to the ground.
- Steve crashes his bike and he has a bloody bruise for the first half of the film.
- 2 f-words
- 2 'f' words, and 5 uses of the 's' word, and one sob. Jesus Chr*st
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Crack cocaine is seen being smoked by homeless people in 2 or 3 scenes, and one scene shows a person dead from an O.D. (see violence and gore). Steve lights up what could be either a joint or a tobacco cigarette. Some homeless people might be smoking marijuana cigarettes, but the shots are rather out of focus. Steve and several others drink at bars. Lithium is referenced.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This whole story may upset people for it is about a homeless schizophrenic man.