In order to restore their dying safe haven, the son of Poseidon and his friends embark on a quest to the Sea of Monsters, to find the mythical Golden Fleece, all the while trying to stop an ancient evil from rising.
Brandon T. Jackson
Upon moving into the run-down Spiderwick Estate with their mother, twin brothers Jared and Simon Grace, along with their sister Mallory, find themselves pulled into an alternate world full of faeries and other creatures.
When his lightning bolt is stolen, Zeus accuses Poseidon's son Percy Jackson and gives Poseidon's son fourteen days to return it, otherwise he will initiate a war amongst the gods. Meanwhile the teenager, Percy, who is dyslexic and has ADHD is visiting The Museum of Metropolitan of Art and is attacked by a Fury disguised in his teacher. His physically handicapped best friend Grover reveals that Percy is a demigod and that he is his protector and his teacher Mr Brunner gives him a pen telling him that it is a powerful weapon. They go to Percy's house and together with his mother Sally they drive to the Camp Half-Blood. However Sally is attacked by a Minotaur and vanishes before Percy can help her. In the camp, Percy befriends the gorgeous Annabeth; when they are attacked by Hades who wants the lighting bolt for himself, Percy discovers that his mother is in the Underworld with Hades. Percy decides to travel on a dangerous quest to retrieve the lightning bolt and save his mother. Grover...Written by
Claudio Carvalho, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
I have not read the book or even know what the story is about. I have been careful not to build any sort of expectations for this one. Well... here's the way I would break down the movie.
1. Story/Screenplay - If this is an adaptation from a book, it has failed miserably. the is flat and two dimensional. Plot wise, the movie is extremely straight forward, but it is nothing you would not expect out of a PG rated movie.
2. Actors - The veterans are well within their comfort zones. Sean Bean, though a good actor in his own right, is in the wrong role. I see him more as Poseidon than Zeus. The youngsters are fairly wooden and 2D in their craft. Believable but sorely lacking in emotions.
3. CGI - Okay, after Jurassic Park so many years ago, CGI has become so fundamental, it no longer holds much ground in 99% of all Hollywood movies. Nothing fantastic at all. That is my humble opinion.
4. Actions/Fight Scenes - So much potential wasted from start to end. To say it meets basic action fight scene requirement for a movie in this genre would be somewhat of an insult to its peers.
5. Overall Experience - The first half an hour felt as though we are going to get to know the characters well, but that ended abruptly. At this point the movie switch to an action mode but not long after it got toned down again. the pace can only be described as taking a joyride up a series of rolling hills.
15 of 31 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?
| Report this