In 1963 Naked Snake, soon to be Big Boss and father a Solid Snake, infiltrates the Russian jungle to extract a Russian weapons specialist. The mission turns into a catastrophic failure when Snake's former mentor, The Boss, defects to Russia and sets a nuke. Now alone and defenseless Snake must stop The Boss and her squad of crack special ops from unleashing nuclear war!
Did You Know?
The character of Naked Snake in the game was designed after Sean Connery's portrayal of James Bond. This was done, since in Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake, the character design of Big Boss himself was also originally modeled after the older Sean Connery. See more
Phosphorus grenades will continue to burn under water. However, if you throw a phosphorus grenade into a body of water, there will only be an explosion, no flames. See more
After the end of World War II, the world was split into two - East and West. This marked the beginning of the era called the Cold War.
After the end credits, there are two revealing phone calls by Ocelot. See more
The European version includes several exclusive features:
- Additional face paints.
- Additional levels in the "Snake vs. Monkey" mode.
- A "Duel Mode" in which all Boss Fights can be played in succession.
- A "Demo Theatre" that lets the player watch all of the game's cutscenes.
- A new playing difficulty, "European Extreme," which is the hardest of all the difficulties.
- The ability to download many camouflage patterns.
- A slightly extended version of The Boss's death scene.
References Ninja Scroll
Way To Fall
Written by James Walsh
, James Stelfox
, Barry Westhead
and Benjamin Byrne
Published by EMI Music Publishing, Ltd.
Performed by Starsailor
Licensed courtesy of TOSHIBA-EMI LIMITED See more