28 Days Later... (2002)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 53 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong violence and gore, language and nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman almost gets raped at the end of the film, but she is saved before anything happens. No nudity
- Some soldiers make it clear that they want to have sex with a woman using verbal innuendos
- A man and a woman kiss passionately.
- Some of the zombies are partially nude. Not graphic.
- Jim lies in a hospital bed completely nude with tubes and wires attached to him, genitals and buttocks seen.
- Jim stands in a shower and we see his bare buttocks and back.
- No sex scenes and only some brief glimpses of non-sexual male nudity and some brief female nudity
Violence & Gore
- When people are infected with the "rage" virus they vomit blood and goo, their eyes turn red and they become maniacal, trying to infect non-infected people.
- A boy jumps at a man hissing and growling and the man is implied to beat him to death with a bat (he is seen wiping blood off his bat and mentions he killed a boy).
- A man is hit with a bat and then shot repeatedly (we see bullets piercing holes in his shirt and he lies dead on the ground).
- Zombies break into a house, tackle a man, and another man hacks them to death with a machete.
- A woman hacks a man to death with a machete after thinking he's become infected; he screams and pleads and blood sprays on the walls.
- A man is stabbed in the stomach by a bayonet, and a man is shot.
- A man and a woman are attacked by infected people: one infected man is hacked and beaten and thrown down a flight of stairs.
- A man is dragged out of a car and attacked by zombies.
- Many zombies charge toward a military encampment; they run through a mine field and are blown up into the air and others are shot down by men with guns. Very gory.
- A man is attacked by two infected people and blood is splattered all around the room; another man is attacked by an infected man, they wrestle on the floor, the infected man vomits on him infecting him and he then runs through a building chasing others and screaming.
- A man fights with another man, he slams his head against a wall and gouges his eyes with his thumbs as the other man screams (very strong violence).
- An infected man is tied with a chain around the neck and he vomits blood and lunges toward two men who enter the yard where he is restrained.
- A woman holds a machete to a man's crotch, and a woman hits a man on the head with a vase.
- A man gagging and gesturing wildly approaches another man who hits him in the head with a bag of soda cans and runs from a group of other people.
- A monkey lunges at a woman, knocks her to the floor, bites and gnaws at her neck, and the woman vomits blood and goo onto a man.
- A man hits a man in the face (we see a bloody gash).
- People throw firebombs at infected people; two persons catch fire and flail around and a man ignites a gas main that explodes.
- Men in a truck shoot weapons all around a deserted station trying to hit a man hiding there.
- We see many infected people dying along a road they are starving to death.
- A man shoots many infected people charging toward him.
- Two men are chained to a radiator, and then are walked through woods (which are strewn with dead bodies) by two other men with guns; one man is shot and killed, and the other man runs away.
- A dead monkey lies on a table with its chest cavity splayed open (we see some bloody tissue and ribs).
- A crow tears and pecks at a dead body.
- People drive into a tunnel that is strewn with dead bodies and broken down cars.
- A man finds a large room full of dead bodies; it appears as if they committed suicide (flies buzz around and he reacts to the smell).
- A man walks into a diner and finds many dead bodies including an infant.
- A man finds a man and woman lying dead (their skin is tinged blue and they apparently killed themselves).
- Also many dead bodies lie on streets.
- There is a film that shows people being beaten in streets, a man hanging, a man in flames wrapped with a tire, and people being shot.
- A man is hit in the face and he falls unconscious (he has a bloody nose and mouth).
- Around 65 uses of "f---" and variations.
- "B*tch" and "bastard" used sparingly.
- At least 4 "c*nts".
- Some milder language like "damn", "hell", etc.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Characters steal and consume liquor.
- A man finds his parents dead, having committed suicide. A bottle of sleeping pills and some wine are seen next to them, implying they killed themselves with these.
- Characters (including a young-teen) use prescribed drugs (Valium) as sleeping aids.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The movie in a way almost feels like it could really happen which makes it all the more scary and disturbing.
- The opening sequence involving the infected chimps could be very frightening and intense in a way to viewers. This scene sets the tone for the rest of the movie.
- The scenes mentioned in "Violence/Gore" can be frightening to some, particularly the machete "mercy" kill.
- A very intense atmosphere throughout.
- The first few scenes involving a man exploring the deserted London are very creepy.
- The scene in which zombies are catching up with the heroes in a tunnel when their car breaks down is very intense.
- There is a jump scene where a zombie appears at a window and breaks though very suddenly and frighteningly.
- There is an upsetting scene in which a man discovers his parents have committed suicide, and he finds them dead in bed and cries at the sight of them. They have written him an upsetting and emotional note, and he cries as he reads it.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The entire end sequence is disturbing and intense, involving zombies chasing and killing/infecting the helpless people inside a mansion.