Midsomer Murders (1997– )
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
Sex & Nudity
- Season 1 contains several vulgar references to homosexuality, consensual incest, and adultery. Sexual grunting and moaning is heard from off camera. One scene depicts an incestuous, consensual, sexual encounter in which a woman's bare back and a side view of her bare breast are clearly seen. A painting is shown of a nude woman in a sexually suggestive pose.
- Almost every episode involves some sexuality. Many episodes involve adultery. Couples are interrupted (usually by Troy) while having sex in multiple episodes in earlier seasons. One episode features a man who tape records his wife having sex with other men. He plays the recording for Barnaby.
- Season 12 Episode 2 shows a woman walking around nude, shown from the waist up, bare breasts are shown. She's posing for a painting, so it's non-sexual. She later puts on a robe. This scene is only 10 seconds long.
- A woman is briefly shown looking outside with no clothes on. Only her bare breasts are shown.
- Season 12 is the most explicit season in the series but only for non-sexual nudity.
- Very minor sex references used infrequently throughout.
Violence & Gore
- A woman is shot in the chest and killed with a shot gun, blood is visible. A man is stabbed in the neck and arterial spurting is briefly shown.
- Most episodes show dead bodies partially covered by a sheet in a lab. A severed head is found on the ground by a police officer. Definitely would be disturbing to younger viewers.
- Throughout the series there is mild violence but most of the murders are off-screen.
- A man is shown hanging by a rope.
- A got is shot but the effect of it is off-screen.
- A man is shown trying to strange another man but fails to kill him.
- Dead bodies are shown on the ground.
- Other infrequent acts of violence take place such as strangling, drowning and punching.
- The whole concept of Midsomer Murders is about investigating crime so expect mild to moderate violence.
- Sexual vulgarities such as "bonking" and "arse bandit" are used.
- Infrequent mild language such as "hell", "damn" and "bastard" are used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People are shown smoking and drinking but no other drugs are used.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Very servere murdering.
- Some of the murders are disturbing to some but they are brief. Not too violent.
- Dark themes throughout.