The Serpent and the Rainbow (1988)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 20 items
Sex & Nudity
- During a sex scene, you briefly see a woman's breasts. For most of this scene, you can only see the side of her breast. Scene is sensual and lasts about a minute. Several wide shots of the woman riding the man, closeups of her face "in extasy". Music over the entire scene, no voices/noises.
Violence & Gore
- Torture, beheadings, some violence and blood.
- A man is tied to a chair and has a nail driven through his scrotum (unseen). He screams and in another shot he is bleeding heavily.
- A guy's head is cut off. You only see the blade swing down. Later, a person is seen drinking his blood.
- Many decomposing corpses are seen.
- The head of a decomposed corpse is crushed.
- A man is stabbed in the scrotum.
- A man gets burned, and his badly burned face is seen later.
- Some people are buried alive.
- A decomposed corpse pulls its mouth open
- A possessed man rips his head off and throws it at a character. The slight amount of visible blood is green.
- Various scenes involving blood in no violent context whatsoever.
- A snake leaps out and grabs onto a mans face.
- Occasional profanities are used throughout the film.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some alcohol consumption.
- The plot of the film revolves around a powder that turns people into 'zombies'.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some horror scenes.
- Lots of fantastical scary hallucinations. Several corpse zombies., some jump scares.
- The scenes involving characters being buried alive are intense.
- This movie has a tense and creepy tone to it.