A murderer is running loose through the streets of London, hunting down men dressed as Santa and killing them all in different, and extremely violent, fashions. Inspector Harris has decided to take on the unenviable task of tracking down the psychopath, but he's going to have his work cut out for him. Only the suspicious reporter, Giles, seems to offer the Inspector any promising leads.
Jean-Marc Rocher <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The TERROR is WAITING...
See more »
Did You Know?
After one of the doomed Santa Claus' stumbles upon the employee's nude and bloodied cadaver, the camera's silhouette can be seen on him. See more
Don't Open Till Christmas was shot in 1983 but released in 1985; in the meantime additional gory murders credited to the pseudonymous 'Al McGoohan' (probably Derek Ford or Alan Birkinshaw) were shot. When it surfaced on British video 2 minutes 13 seconds was cut from the film by the censors mostly from the 'new' murders. The cut material that can be found in the dutch video release consists of:
- the killer running a cut throat razor over Pat Astley's naked body twice to establish she is a girl;
- the peep show santa being stabbed, spitting blood and shots of blood splashing on the peep show girl's window;
- in the London dungeon scene a doomed Santa originally came across a blood splattered body (possibly a mannequin). His subsequent death by stabbing has been reduced as well;
- the undercover cop Santa's death is now totally incoherent: in the full version the killer (who has a spike in his shoe) kicks him in the groin, punches him in the face with a spiked glove then punches his throat with the glove. A second Santa (played by screenwriter Derek Ford) comes to his aid and loses an eyeball in the process. All that remains of this sequence in the British version is a shot of the spiked shoe and brief shots of the first punch and the cop Santa on the floor
- due to an editing fault, in the UK video shots of a dead body on a trapdoor are missing replaced by a brief moment from the next scene;
- the infamous scene where Santa is castrated in a public toilet is missing several shots of blood spurting in the urinal;
- the scene where the killer kidnaps the peep show girl (Kelly Baker) is missing shots of her being tied up with chains
- Belinda Mayne's character being stabbed twice has been deleted
I'm the Warrior of Love
Sung by Caroline Munro See more