Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
Sex & Nudity
- Many sexual referrences and sexual situations, as expected in a movie where where a woman disguises herself a man (named Yentl as a woman, Anshel as a man). A few verbal references to "making love."
- Anshel and Avigdor go down to a river, where a bunch of men are swimming. Several men are seen fully naked from the back. In addition, Avigdor is seen almost fully naked from the front, and from the side. The scene is extended.
- At one point, Yentl unwraps her chest and the fabric is see-through. She bathes and legs are seen up to the waist.
- Anshel (Yentle in disguise), has no choice but to marry another woman. After the wedding, they are expected to have sex together: Yentel tries to convince her "wife" that they don't have to do so right away. Her wife agrees, and they mess up a bed in order to make it look like they had decided otherwise.
- At the end of the movie, Yentl reveals her guise to another man: she opens her housecoat to reveal the front of her naked body, but this shot is taken from behind so we don't see any actual nudity.
Violence & Gore
- Some brief reference to death and murder.
- A man screams extremely loud and violently at a woman, after realizing that she was a woman disguised as a man (see Sex & Nudity). He calls her evil as well as a demon, and continues to do so for a fair length of time. He eventually calms.
- None, really. The only exception would be the above scene where a man calls a woman a demon.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Rated PG for: Adult Content, Brief Nudity, Mild Violence.(Starz/Encore advisory)